Change is good. It’s scary, but it’s good.
This week I finally made a decision to transfer my jewelry website from GoDaddy to HostGator. I was nervous about making this change but it had to be done. I wasn’t doing anything with my GoDaddy site other than paying for my domains and using the free web builder to make a static site that I didn’t want anyone to see.
So far, I opened (and paid for) a “baby” web hosting account with HostGator. I requested a free transfer of my domain, Jularee.com, to HostGator as well. Hopefully, that will happen quickly and without a snag.
Now to design my new site. To start my requirements are minimal.
- A professional, attractive home page with links to my Etsy shops.
- Links to social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Sign up for newsletter
- About page
- Contact page
Additional requirements for the future:
- Store (eCommerce)
- links to my writing site (sorely neglected – last post was in 2012!)
- Informational pages such as jewelry care, gemstone properties, etc.
- Informational videos (DIY?)
Should I use Dreamweaver CS6 or WordPress to design this new site? I’m leaning toward WordPress.